REFUNDS & EXCHANGES
Goods returned for refund, exchange or credit are subject to the following criteria:
CHANGE OF MIND:
If you change your mind, you can return any product purchased from us within 14 days of the date of purchase for a refund, exchange, or store credit of equivalent value. Change of mind returns must be in new and saleable condition, accompanied with proof of purchase (sales receipt) and original packaging.
We are committed to honouring our obligations under Irish Consumer Law. This means you can choose a refund or replacement if a product has a major problem. This is where the product:
- Has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it;
- Is not of acceptable quality or unsafe;
- Is not fit for purpose;
- Is significantly different from the sample or description;
- Doesn’t do what we said it would, or what you asked for and can’t be easily fixed.
Alternatively, you can choose to keep the item and we will compensate you for any drop in value.
If the problem is not major, we will at our discretion give you a refund or replacement or repair the item within a reasonable time.
Please keep your proof of purchase (e.g. your receipt).
We may need to return a product to the manufacturer to have a product assessed to determine the nature of the problem. There may be delays between 1-4 weeks when seeking assistance from suppliers or manufacturers.
I HAVE RECEIVED A FAULTY ITEM, WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
You can return the product to us or you can contact the manufacturer directly. Should the manufacturer be unable to assist please email us outlining the issue or fault via our contact page so we can investigate further. Should we ask you to return a product it is important to follow the return packing instructions detailed below.
RETURNING IN STORE:
Returning in store should be very straightforward, we do ask however that you please provide your proof of purchase (e.g. your receipt). Failure to provide evidence of purchase may result in our refusal to accept your return.
POSTING YOUR RETURNS:
- Package the item(s) for return: You will need to repack the product well enough for shipping and well enough to prevent further damage. We cannot be held responsible for any damage caused during return transit due to inadequate protection. Any physical damage caused may also void any existing warranty coverage on the product.
- What to include with the return: Along with the faulty goods please include a copy of your receipt (not the original) and a fault description with sufficient details to highlight any suspected faults. Please be sure to also include your personal contact information in case these details have changed since the time of your purchase.
- Addressing and Labelling: Clearly mark your Online Order Number (e.g. #123456789 our example) on the outside of the packaging along with our return delivery address (see below). This will ensure your return is handled by the correct department and will avoid possible delays. Failure to label the return correctly could result in the parcel not being accepted by our staff.
FREIGHT CHARGES FOR RETURNS:
All goods returned to us will be at your expense unless you are entitled to return the goods at law. In these rare circumstances we can offer you a credit or refund to cover the costs associated with having to return the item(s). This credit/refund will not exceed our standard shipping fee for the item(s) needing to be returned and can only be paid once items have been received by our staff. Any additional packaging, express postage costs etc will not be covered by Hopkins Toymaster.
You may lodge an enquiry via email to find out the current status of your warranty claim, this email should include your online order number. A member of our staff will then contact you to advise how your claim is progressing. A courtesy email will be sent once your goods have been returned from the supplier and are ready to be re-dispatched.
ORDER CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS:
Order cancellations are instantaneous via telephone providing contact is made with our online sales department on 0404-67225. If making a cancellation request via email you must allow 48 hours (excluding non working days i.e. weekends and public holidays) for the email to be processed and the order cancelled. Goods already shipped before a cancellation request is processed (within 48 hours for email or before telephone advice) can be recalled/returned, however delivery/courier charges cannot be refunded.